(04-154) PoE TCP/IP One Door Access Controller, (04-155) PoE TCP/IP Two Door Access Controller
PoE Door Controller is an ethernet power sourcing device, which allows network communication with entry points installed in the access control system. Borer PoE Controller incorporates PoE technology for power delivery to equipment located at the door, such as electric door locks, biometric readers, exit request devices, etc.
Operating Modes – Part Numbers:
- 04-154 RFID Card One Door Access Controller
- 04-155 RFID Card Two Door Access Controller
- 04-158 Biometric One Door Access Controller
- 04-159 Biometric Two Door Access Controller
PoE Ethernet Door Controller is an ethernet power sourcing device, which allows network communication with entry points installed in the access control system. Borer PoE Controller incorporates PoE technology for power delivery to equipment located at the door, such as electric door locks, biometric readers, exit request devices, etc.
The PoE Door Controller/Ethernet Lock Manager has a small footprint and is designed to be mounted on the secure side of the door.
It performs the following functions:
- Manages power and data supplied in a CAT5 cable from a standard PoE switch or power injector.
- Monitors door status (Door Open, Lock Status and Request to Exit button) and redirects to central database.
- Delivers power to electric door locks, magnetic locks, strikes, turnstiles.
Power over CAT5e/6 Cable technology powers equipment where it is inconvenient, expensive or difficult to provide a mains power outlet to the door.
Borer ELM supports IEEE 802.3af (PoE) and IEEE 802.3at (PoE+) standards, which allows a single cable to deliver both data and power to doors over data cable, providing protection against short circuit, polarity reversal and accidental connection of non-PoE compliant equipment.
Biometric Enabled Ethernet Lock Manager
The Biometric enabled version of the Lock Manager holds a library of up to 64,000 biometric templates. The template library held by the Lock Manager is referenced by biometric reader heads every time a person types in a unique PIN or presents their ID card. The template corresponding to the PIN or card is sent to the reader head where it is compared to the live finger to verify that the presenter of the card or PIN is the true owner.
PoE Door Controller – Features:
- Small footprint design
- Delivers Data and Power to one or two Doors, including electric locks over a single 100 metre run of CAT5e/6 cable
- Supports two independent doors, each with IN and OUT card readers and electric lock
- Support for one door with IN and OUT card readers, electric lock and audible alarm or alarm circuit shunt output
- Support for two door interlock/airlock/mantrap only permitting one door at a time to be opened
- Optional Local 12v Power Connection
- Quick Press fit Terminal Connectors for a speedy install
- Six Digital Inputs, each with 4 state monitoring
- Reprogrammable Firmware with Software Updates delivered over the LAN