RACK HANDLE SOLUTION
PHYSICAL SECURITY FOR SERVER RACKS AND CABINETS
Borer's Rack Handle Solution enables control of access to server racks, providing physical security with real-time monitoring and full reporting.
A scaleable, high security solution for racks and cabinets for any sized organisation, configured for your specific requirements, with all important audit trail reporting.
- Secure unlimited number of racks
- Provide access to authorised and authenticated users only with RFID Card
- Access control levels of authority allow access to single rack/cabinet or many racks or cabinets
- Provide a full audit trail of all users and activity
- Prove compliance with security regulations
- Monitor temperature of racks/cabinets
- Data Centres - server cabinets and racks
- Healthcare - medicine and drug cabinets
- Laboratories - refrigerated storage
- Financial - secure storage of confidential documents
- Education - secure storage of sensitive documents
- Government - secure storage of sensitive and classified documents
- Industry - storage of hazardous material
Server Room Security requires an integrated access control and monitoring system. Borer's Server Rack Security Solution works alongside the FUSION software access control system.
In the high priority server room security data centre environment where most digital routers are heavily fortified with firewalls and other security, most data protection is based on the company assets being protected against malicious physical attack from intruders.
Borer's Rack Handle Access Control solution is capable of protecting an unlimited number of racks/cabinets. It also has the ability to integrate ONVIF compliant CCTV systems in order to bring up live and recorded camera feeds to monitor access within a data centre environment. Alongside a floor plan GUI, operators are able to view a graphical representation of their site showing door, lock and rack status, and alert to any issues.
The live FUSION central software status offers the ability to view up-to-date events and shows who is accessing the racks and for how long, and presents live alarm monitoring.
Multi-user Client Access allows authorised personnel to interrogate the system from any workstation on your network, reducing operating costs by monitoring all server room security sites from a single security office. Operators are able to apply specific access groups to individuals and even specify a time window if required.
The server rack lock handle readers work with MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE Plus® and MIFARE® DESFire® cards, depending on the application and security level required.
Rack Handle Key Features
- Integration with access control systems to manage who is accessing the server room, as well as the individual racks
- Monitoring - can be used as a standalone application or connected to a management software system
- Offline locations - ability to store events in the rack handle reader's memory, and access decision made locally at the reader in the rack handle
- Key override feature
- Fail secure locking - in case of power failure, lock will remain locked and secured
- Supports automatic email alarm notification, sent to system administrator
- PoE compatible, providing power and data over standard CAT5e/6/7 cable
- Local monitoring provides alarm notifications, a visual aid to show swing handle and reader status
- Remote alarm monitoring provides operators with up to date live events in graphical and text formats
- Remote releases can be issued by designated administrators who have been supplied with specific access privileges on the Borer Fusion system
- CCTV interface to record activities at the rack while it is open
- Easy to install and use, retrofit with no cutting required
- Non-handed industry standard action both left and right, can be used with either right or left handed doors
- Sturdy glass filled nylon and cast zinc construction
- Simple surface mount design that can be fitted by OEM cabinet manufacturers, plug & play with no cutting into racks
You need to know that whoever is accessing your data and IT equipment has the required PERMISSIONS and TRAINING.
Data breach attacks carried out by insiders (IBM Study 2016)
Business users who say they have access to company data that they probably shouldn't see
Enterprise security executives reported an attempted theft or data breach - last 12 months
Organisations that rank their insider prevention methods as effective
Data Breach Stats
Click the links below for the full reports
The Rack Handle Solution provides physical security with Audit Trail Reporting as proof of compliance with data security legislation. Below are a sample of regulations which specify the physical security protection requirement of data and equipment:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- ISO/IEC 27001/27002 - Section 11 - Specifies that physical access control is required to ensure that access to information assets is authorised and restricted.
- PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) - “...restrict physical access to cardholder data”
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act) - “...physical and technical safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and security of electronic protected health information.”
- SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) - US Federal law that requires the ability to produce audit data on who has access to financial records.
- FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act) and NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology) - Requires physical access control to information systems.
Audit Trail and Reporting
See technical specifications and dimensions below: