Secure Data and Power delivery over CAT5e/6 Cable for Access Control
The Midspan Bridge v2 enables the integration of access controlled doors and alarm points via a TCP/IP network connection to a central management system and database.
The Midspan Bridge v2 can support up to EIGHT complete door sets consisting of IN and OUT readers, two magnetic locks and door alarm/sensor. These can be reliably powered without the need for local mains power supply and power outlet at each door. Each of the 8 channels can deliver 13.5W of power over a distance of 300m over CAT5e/6 cable.
The Borer Midspan Bridge v2 provides a secure LAN connection as it communicates with all connected devices via the local network with a data filter, permitting only registered devices to communicate over the corporate LAN.
This makes it impossible for anyone to hack into the LAN via a CAT5e/6 cable plugged into any of the Midspan Bridge's network ports.
- Delivers power and data over CAT5e/6 cable directly to door access location
- Remote fault diagnostics and maintenance including the means to remotely power reset devices; Optimisation of LAN traffic by grouping non-priority messages for transmission via TCP/IP thereby reducing network traffic
- Real Time Calendar Clock to maintain time/date integrity following a mains power restart or loss of network
- Four supervised inputs for monitoring mains power supply/standby battery status; Secure LAN connection, the Midspan Bridge provides a private network permitting only registered devices to connect to it. This eliminates the opportunity to hack into the LAN via any of the CAT5e/6 cables connected to the Midspan Bridge
- Safe power delivery, the power delivery down CAT5e/6 cable is current limited with over/under voltage protection. This protects the CAT5e/6 cables against excessive power demands which may cause them to overheat.