Borer Data Systems & Crusafe
Developed by BORER in conjunction with AND-Group the CruSafe software and hardware system provides a state-of-the-art safety system specifically developed to address the key requirement for real-time tracking of personnel.
AND CruSafe is a state-of-the-art safety system which has been specifically developed to address the key requirement for real-time tracking of personnel (often known as POB - Personnel On Board) which:-
- Allows monitoring of personnel at all times and at all locations
- Provides key information about personnel in an emergency situation
- Uses information display screens at muster stations which greatly reduces any confusion during muster
CruSafe has been developed, primarily for offshore industries, in anticipation of the increasing need to be able to identify the whereabouts of all personnel at any given time and to provide more efficient management of events which are key to personnel safety.
CruSafe has already been proven to reduce muster times by 70%.
||Providing control and tracking of personnel as they arrive and move around the site, particularly in hazardous areas, by use of identity cards and card readers.
How does Crusafe Operate?
CruSafe incorporates the following features:
Access control - traffic lights, moving displays
- Interaction with many devices, including inductive card readers, embedded PC’s, alarm inputs and web-cams (optional)
- Remote system monitoring at multiple locations (depending on network connectivity)
- Central control displays indicate the location of all personnel either at the point of an incident or as they move around the site
CruSafe uses CAN (Controller Area Network) technology which:-
- Provides a secure, high-speed data link which allows a transaction to be validated in just 4 milliseconds
- Uses a Controller to monitor data which can be either stand-alone or connected over a corporate IP network and can support an unlimited number of devices
- Allows all devices on the network to talk to each other
- Has low-cost cabling and installation costs
- Plug and play technology ensuring a simple installation and commissioning process
- Conforms to the ISO 11898 standard for serial data communication
The CAN inductive card readers which are used to monitor personnel have the following advantages:-
- Use high security password exchange process which virtually eliminates the use of fraudulent cards
- Support a wide range of proximity identity tokens and fobs
- Have a degree of local intelligence which means that any disconnected reader will continue to collect data which will be downloaded to the central unit once the network is restored
- The number and position of the card readers is tailored to the requirements of each installation
- Fault condition and monitoring displayed centrally
- Additional readers can be sited in sensitive and controlled areas at any time
For further information, please use the contact form or call on +44 (0) 118 979 1137